Monday, March 7, 2011

almost spring. why????

Spring is in the air. (Or at least it was until this latest burst of cold air arrived....) Perhaps that cold air also brought along Abigail's new favorite word: WHY???
Abigail really enjoys puddle splashing. A few more minutes of this and we would have had to change clothes before heading out on our bagel mission. "Whhyyyyy do my pants get wet when I splash?"
Saying "cheeeeze." "Whhhyyy do we say cheese?"


We got our bagels, and as we went back to the car and walked by the homeless man who hangs out by the bagel store I braced for the inevitable question... "Whhhyyyy is that man sitting on the ground?" So I decided to just face the question head on and as I was buckling Abby into her carseat I said "Because he doesn't have a home." Long pause....followed by, "He doesn't have a phone. Sometimes we sit on the ground when we don't have a phone." I didn't have the heart or all of the answers to try to correct her, and I wasn't asked "why", so just let that misunderstanding slide this time. It will surely come up again..
Posted by Picasa

No comments: